1/1/20

Welcome

My name is Glenda Kronke and I live in Austin, Texas. I have been working with glass for more than 25 years. During that time I have had the privilege of working for other talented glass artists, assisting in production of their work, managing their businesses and gaining valuable experience along the way. I wish to thank each of them for mentoring me, encouraging me and finally for pushing me to start making my own work.

My work . . .

I want to create texture that compels touch, color that provokes memory and shape that expands reality.

My drive . . .

It’s amazing how similar the growth process of artwork is to nature’s growth process. Life/art ever evolves, seeking a vessel, a shape, a texture, a color - a path to expression. And once created, each possesses an essence of life, a statement of being.

My influences . . .

the ageless bark of a giant Sequoia...

the delicate understructure of a meadow mushroom...

the velvety moss covered pillow of a creek side boulder...

the meandering veins of a Maple leaf...

the multi-faceted structure of quartz crystal...

the delicate hairs of a dandelion...

the exotic colors of tropical flowers...

the swirling texture of beached driftwood...

the mesmerizing hypnotic shadows of a rain forest canopy...

the stained glass framework of a dragonfly’s wings...

the solitary silhouette of the saguaro...

the banded strata of the earth...

the muted tones of a desert landscape...

the mystery of a sand dollar...

the swords of an agave...

the intricate contours of woodgrain...

the mysterious unbelievable leafy seadragon...

a purple-orange stormy sunset...

the whimsy of Dr. Seuss...

No comments: